Monday 8 April 2013

Kindness

Postnatal home visits
To end this blog is too sad, it brings a tear to my eyes and a lump to my throat and therefore I am not going to end it. This intrepid adventurer is headed to beautiful South Africa in an attempt to carry on humanitarian work in the land of her birth, so stay tuned for further developments.

This journey has taught me to be still, to be grateful and to accept the tides that is our life paths. I have learnt about myself that perhaps I am not the spoilt princess I had thought and that I can be happy sleeping on the floor and that running water and electricity are not necessarily the trappings of a life fulfilled.

I have shared knowledge with the local midwives of Cambodia and in doing, have found a connectedness and camaraderie in woman-ship that has lit a fire in my heart. South Pacific Asia and the amazing,  resilient women of Cambodia will always hold a very special place in my heart and I will carry with me, this experience, their beautiful smiles and wisdom until the end of my days.

It has been hard, it has been raw and at times I wasn't sure if I had what it took to make a difference, yet through this, through the struggle I found myself again. My strength, my gift, my faith...........

I bring merely kindness!

To leave behind fear, and have the courage to walk the road of ones hearts desire is no small task. The prayer I whisper to the wind, is that I may have the courage of my convictions to journey to a place were there is peace in my heart, love at my side, kindness on my lips and caring in my hands.

Beautiful midwives


To all my wonderful family, friends and husband: Your love, support and donations have brought education, medical supplies, sanitation and safe medical practice to some very remote rural areas of Cambodia. You should all feel very chuffed with yourselves for choosing this worthy cause and I want to again reassure you that 100% of your donations has gone directly to the cause.

Weighing the baby

1 comment:

  1. A safe flight on Saturday!! My love to beautiful South Africa xx

    ReplyDelete